Melbourne Music Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Melbourne's best music forum! A collection of the best minimal, house, house, tech house, dirty house, club, and underground music.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

16/02/2011 - EXTENDED POST: Important news, changes, and a look behind the site.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TUNES
Admin
Admin
TUNES

16/02/2011 - EXTENDED POST: Important news, changes, and a look behind the site. Empty
PostSubject: 16/02/2011 - EXTENDED POST: Important news, changes, and a look behind the site.   16/02/2011 - EXTENDED POST: Important news, changes, and a look behind the site. EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 5:16 pm

Hello all yet again. Very Happy
Here's a relativity large news post tonight, please read it, i cover alot of things.

Made several changes to the forum just now.
Ill be playing around with afew more changes in the near future also.
So you may see things change. Ill be reporting all changes in a later news post Smile

Tonight's changes include:
- I have fixed the signatures (as you can see my test signature). So head over to your profile and everyone add signatures. They will appear on all your new posts and PMs from this point on.
- I have made the message button flash red when you have a new PM. Several people were asking for this, and it will be a great help even to me because of the large volume of PMs i receive.
- I have made a slight change on the way the forums are displayed on the home page.
- Added a new favorite icon to replace the annoying green speech bubble.
- Various new features to make managing the forum easier for mods.

Yes i know their has been a long period of inactivity by any of the mods.
The forum went a little out of control, but I think i got it under control now. Smile

This forum is bigger than i ever thought it would be...
We now almost have 750 members and many many posts.
I like to keep a real eye on things, almost like a 'big brother' of the forum.
Well i though some of you might like an insight, so here we go...

16/02/2011 - EXTENDED POST: Important news, changes, and a look behind the site. 43794421
Here you can see how the forum has grown on a time scale.

16/02/2011 - EXTENDED POST: Important news, changes, and a look behind the site. 11985171
You can see the post popular sections and how many posts they contain.

Now hopefully you can understand what type of a job the team and myself are faced with.
So if you guys could use the reputation system, it would make our job easier.
And if you see something on the forum that shouldn't be, PM me and ill do something about it.

Peoples avatars (display images) is another area thats causing me a fair amount of concern.
Lately I have been removing peoples avatars because they are inappropriate.
Anything deemed inappropriate by any members of staff will instantly be removed, and depending on how bad it is, you could end up with a ban.

Lately something that has really been getting to me is people winging about mods.
If you have a problem, come to me (PM me). Dont post on this forum and have a bitch.
These people spend ALOT of time managing this forum, so you guys can enjoy it.
Please understand and appreciate this.

With the exclusive section. Yes it is a mess and not currently functioning as it should.
We are looking at ways to fix this. But please dont PM me about your application not getting looked at.
If you have a serious issue regarding the exclusive section, then you may PM about it.

Also another final note, i've started receiving copyright complaints from anonymous members.
Im not thinking too much of this because if they were serious it wouldn't be anonymous.
If you have any problems concerning copyright, please PM me or email me AFTER READING FORUM TERMS AND RULES.
I will be happy to work together so everyone can be happy.

Thanks for reading this post guys.
If you have anything to say, don't hesitate to PM me or post in the feedback section.
I love hearing from you guys.

Hope you guys enjoy this website.

TUNES What a Face
Back to top Go down
https://melbournemusic.darkbb.com
abc123

abc123

16/02/2011 - EXTENDED POST: Important news, changes, and a look behind the site. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 16/02/2011 - EXTENDED POST: Important news, changes, and a look behind the site.   16/02/2011 - EXTENDED POST: Important news, changes, and a look behind the site. EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 7:56 am

Just a heads up, if your recieving copyright complaints, do something about it, otherwise this will get shutdown.

Same thing happened on MU when it got shutdown, we didnt take much notice of it, and before we knew it, it was gone.
Back to top Go down
TUNES
Admin
Admin
TUNES

PostSubject: Re: 16/02/2011 - EXTENDED POST: Important news, changes, and a look behind the site.   16/02/2011 - EXTENDED POST: Important news, changes, and a look behind the site. EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 10:47 am

Well i cant really reply because they are anonymous lol.
Back to top Go down
https://melbournemusic.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 16/02/2011 - EXTENDED POST: Important news, changes, and a look behind the site.   16/02/2011 - EXTENDED POST: Important news, changes, and a look behind the site. Empty

Back to top Go down

16/02/2011 - EXTENDED POST: Important news, changes, and a look behind the site.
Page 1 of 1